They can also be intimidating for a company to approach, given assumptions about complexity and cost.
While it’s true that Big Data could be overly complex and costly to maintain, the days of only being able to rely upon Hadoop are over.
Today’s cloud can provide a relatively cheaper option, but in order to leverage it correctly, companies need a roadmap that assesses their ability to both adopt the cloud and put Big Data to work effectively.
Specifically, the roadmap should lead them through decisions like:
- How best to organize large amounts of data
- When and how to utilize structured and unstructured data
- Differences between on-premises and public cloud solutions
- The configuration of data lakes to effectively house a constant stream of data
Here at Redapt, we have our own roadmap we call the Data Estate Assessment.
The Data Estate Assessment
Over the years, we’ve continually refined and dialed in on the way we can help customers measure and understand their data capabilities.
Through all that refinement and dialing in, we’ve put together a turnkey solution that can place a company on the path to utilizing Big Data and AI in just two days.
What is The Data Estate Assessment?
Designed for customers with no prior experience, the Data Estate Assessment is a combination of education and joint architecture design. During the two-day process, we do the following:
- Break down the benefits of employing Big Data and AI
- Examine your current capabilities when it comes to utilizing data and help you find potential areas of improvement
- Make recommendations on potential platforms for cloud storage, whether it’s on-premises or through a public cloud such as Azure
- Work with you to integrate AI and other automation to find deep insights in large amounts of data
In addition, we go into depth on the many benefits the public cloud has for companies looking to put Big Data and AI to work — from the ability to scale up and down depending on needs, to the democratization of data and the usage of data science algorithms to provide deeper insights.
Big Data and AI don’t have to be intimidating. With the right roadmap, every company can start to realize the benefits and opportunities being able to sift through massive amounts of data can provide.
For information on harnessing Big Data and AI for your business, contact one of our experts to schedule a Data Estate Assessment.
Keep up with Redapt
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Cloud Adoption
- Data & Analytics
- Cloud Native
- Workplace Modernization
- Code Development
- Multi-Cloud Operations
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Security & Governance
- Tech We Like
- Dell EMC
- Managed Services
- IoT and Edge
- Business Transformation
- Microsoft Azure
- Emerging Tech