Every enterprise cloud provider has its own strengths.
In our latest eBook, Migrating to Google Cloud: Strategy, Benefits, and How to Get Started, we take a detailed look at how your organization can successfully leverage the unique tools Google Cloud Platform (GCP) has to offer.
In this free resource, we break down how your organization can:
- Realize the benefits of GCP
- Create a GCP migration strategy
- Make a successful migration to GCP
- Work with a cloud migration partner
Here’s an excerpt from creating a GCP migration strategy:
Like with the adoption of any new platform or technology, migrating to GCP requires a strategy that makes the migration efficient while also limiting potential disruption to your operations.
This strategy begins with a deep dive into your current capabilities and needs, including the applications you are currently running on premises or on another cloud platform that will need to be migrated.
For the move from on premises to GCP, your strategy will inform which of these three approaches you take for migration:
- Lift & Shift, where workloads are taken from on premises and dropped into GCP.
- Refactoring to expand your development capabilities through tools like microservices, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Rebuild, which involves breaking down critical applications from their on-premises, monolithic state and rewriting them to be cloud native and dynamic.
Your migration strategy will also help determine the costs of operating your applications on GCP.
For example, say your CPU utilization on premises is currently at 20%. Since you’ve already made that capital expenditure, this isn’t an issue. But in the cloud, where costs are based on a consumption model, paying for more CPU than you’re actually using becomes a very real problem.
Keep up with Redapt
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Data & Analytics
- Cloud Adoption
- Cloud Native
- Workplace Modernization
- Code Development
- Multi-Cloud Operations
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Tech We Like
- Security & Governance
- Dell EMC
- Managed Services
- IoT and Edge
- Business Transformation
- Microsoft Azure
- Emerging Tech