AKS Workshop: Operationalizing Azure Kubernetes Service
- Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Time: 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Venue: Microsoft Office - 60 E Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 1200, Tempe, AZ 85281
Adoption of the fully managed Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) enables companies to ship new services to customers at rapid speed. AKS makes deploying and managing containerized applications easy by offering serverless Kubernetes, an integrated CI/CD experience, and enterprise-grade security and governance. Are you leveraging containerized applications and the cloud across your organization to transform and gain a competitive edge?
Learn first-hand from Microsoft subject matter experts how you can leverage containerized applications and AKS to deliver, operate, and scale applications and services faster than ever before. Part I of this two part series features a full day hands-on technical workshop where you will provision and gain an understanding of AKS, and learn how you can operationalize and secure your own cluster, enabling developers to build and release containerized applications in a procedural manner.
- App modernization and cloud native trends
- Provisioning an AKS cluster in Azure
- The moving parts of Kubernetes
- Scheduling and deployment Primitives
- Deploying an application to AKS cluster
- Pod security concepts
- Ops considerations in AKS
At the conclusion of this workshop, attendees will have a production ready AKS cluster. This cluster will serve as the pre-requisite for Part II, the developer focused part of this series.
Limited Seating, Register Today!
Who should attend:
- Operations and Infrastructure Engineers
- Security Engineers
- Application & Solution Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Application Development Managers
Lunch will be provided.
As part of this workshop, please plan to bring a laptop with you.
- Experience with Docker (build, ship & run containers) (Docker Get Started Pt 1-3,https://docs.docker.com/get-started)
- Experience deploying an application on minikube (kubectl) (Getting started with minikube,https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/learning-environment/minikube/)
- Azure Subscription with the appropriate permissions to create an AKS Cluster
- Azure Dev Ops Account with permissions to create and run build and release pipelines
Simply fill out the form below to register and secure your spot. Space is limited.