With the multi-cloud becoming increasingly popular among enterprises looking to achieve more flexibility while avoiding platform lock-in, robust infrastructure solutions geared toward multiple cloud environments are on the rise.
One such solution is the Dell EMC PowerScale, which provides organizations with the ability to consolidate data and compute resources while still meeting security requirements.
The Dell Technologies Cloud Storage for Multi-Cloud solution offers a fully-hosted, high-bandwidth, and low-latency connection to all major public clouds through a cloud exchange. Its strategy provides options such as creating a disaster recovery (DR) site to spin up applications for failover, or also for cloud computing or analytics. Additionally, customers might choose to put the majority of data in the cloud, as they stream it from the core or edge, and their endpoints.
Storage Review’s extensive breakdown of PowerScale goes on to give Dell’s platform the thumbs up, concluding with:
By leveraging Dell EMC storage and Faction management services and technology, the solution enables the creation of an ecosystem that challenges the data gravity effect. Additionally, adopting a true multi-cloud strategy empowers IT to leverage and optimize a range of cloud services based on business and technology requirements. The Dell EMC/Faction solution is ideal for securely moving or deploying demanding applications in the Cloud for disaster recovery, analytics, testing, and development.
Here at Redapt, we agree with Storage Review’s assessment of PowerScale as an ideal multi-cloud solution. Here are three reasons why:
- As unstructured data sets continue to grow in size, abstracting valuable insights from those sets requires much more speed and flexibility—both of which PowerScale provides.
- Data gravity is a real problem, especially when it comes to moving data into the cloud. PowerScale breaks through this barrier.
- By providing high-speed access to data sets in all the major clouds concurrently, PowerScale is a great benefit for enterprises looking for the greatest flexibility when it comes to the best tools and/or compute costs.
You can learn more about Dell EMC’s PowerScale solution at their website. Also, make sure to check out Storage Review’s full guide of the product, along with our own in-depth guide on managing and scaling unstructured data in a hybrid cloud.
Keep up with Redapt
- Data & Analytics
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Cloud Adoption
- Application Modernization
- Dell EMC
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Multi-Cloud Operations
- Workplace Modernization
- Security & Governance
- Tech We Like
- Microsoft Azure
- IoT and Edge
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SUSE Rancher
- Azure Security
- Social Good
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Customer Lifecycle
- Machine Learning (ML)