Successful companies are able to utilize data in every segment of their organization. Not just in data science and traditional business intelligence, but areas like sales, supply chain management, internal operations, and more.
Getting to that point requires a change of culture — a change that the Data Maturity Model and tools like Azure Synapse Analytics can help you achieve.
Most organizations want to:
- Improve analytics decisions
- Trust their data
- Reduce costs and increase operational efficiency
- Better meet regulatory compliance for data
By effectively following the Data Maturity Model, your organization can avoid:
- Operating in reaction mode
- Multiple versions of “the truth”
- Siloed of fragmented data
- Inability to measure success or failure
The Data Maturity Model
By using the Data Maturity Model, you can change your internal culture so that it values — and utilizes — data throughout every segment of your organization.
There are 5 levels to the model, each building upon the one before it on your way to getting the most out of your enterprise data. These levels are:
Level 1: Data is a requirement
With every new project your organization kicks off, data is treated as a key component in the process.
Level 2: Data is an asset
There is awareness throughout your organization that managing data is a critical part of your infrastructure.
Level 3: Data is critical
At the organizational level, data is understood to be of utmost importance for your success in projects.
Level 4: Data is valuable
Your teams treat data as a valuable resource in staying ahead of your competitors.
Level 5: Data is seen as essential for a competitive environment
It is widely understood throughout your organization that data is critical for survival in a dynamic and ever-changing market.
The Azure Advantage
For enterprises that have adopted Azure or are looking to do so, there are several features and tools that can help with maturity progression. These include:
- Azure Synapse Analytics for data warehousing services
- Workspaces for data prep, data management, data explosion, data warehousing, and advanced analytics
- End-to-end data management and monitoring within a single platform
- Security, uptime, and scalability powered by Azure
Working with Redapt
With more than a decade of experience with Azure and all cloud providers, as well as on-premises solutions, we can assist you with every aspect of data management, including:
- Assessing your current data estate and needs
- Helping you craft an end-to-end data strategy
- Architecting, engineering, and implementing data infrastructure
- Recommending available tools like Azure Synapse Analytics
- Operations oversight and support
For more information on the Data Maturity Model, including help on kick-starting the process for your organization, contact one of our experts.
Keep up with Redapt
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Data & Analytics
- Cloud Adoption
- Cloud Native
- Workplace Modernization
- Application Modernization
- Multi-Cloud Operations
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Tech We Like
- Security & Governance
- Dell EMC
- IoT and Edge
- Business Transformation
- Managed Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Emerging Tech