Modern datacenters provide companies with the flexibility and capacity they need to effectively utilize the sheer amount of data being produced every day.
Making an investment in modernizing data infrastructure is one of the most important things a company can take on. But it’s not a simple process, which makes it critical to find the right partner with the right solutions to fit your company’s needs.
Before embarking upon data infrastructure modernization, here are some things every company must consider.
1. Your Data Infrastructure Needs
The first step is to determine how much data infrastructure you will actually need. Ask the following questions to figure this out:
- How much capacity will you require — not just currently, but in the future?
- Do you want to reduce the size of your on-premise infrastructure? Expand it?
- How much are you willing to change your development process?
- What are your security needs?
Answering these and similar questions internally, before seeking out a partner, will help you put together a list of the goals you’re trying to meet. It will also make it easier for you to tell potential partners exactly what you expect from a partnership.
2. Your Readiness to Modernize
Before you take on the modernization process, it’s crucial to evaluate your team’s readiness to do so. Start by asking the following questions:
- Is every internal stakeholder on board with taking the plunge of modernization?
- What are the needs and concerns of your frontline employees — your developers and IT teams?
- Does every level of your organization understand what you’re trying to achieve via data infrastructure modernization?
Until you are able to answer these questions, you’re not really ready to partner with an outside company. Put another way, your entire company needs to know where it’s going before you start looking for how to get there.
3. Your Wants and Needs From a Partner
Once you have evaluated your team’s readiness to implement a modernized system, the next step is to evaluate what you need from a partner. You can start doing this by asking the following questions:
- How much of the modernization process will you be asking partners to manage?
- Are you looking for an ongoing relationship, such as system operations and maintenance?
- Will you need an array of potential solutions or are you looking for a single recommendation?
Because you’ll benefit from a partner that is both technically capable and able to understand and translate business objectives, knowing the answer to these types of questions will make it easier for potential partners to have a full picture of your needs.
At Redapt, we believe being a partner means exactly that: a partnership between us and our clients.
Before beginning the process of modernizing a data infrastructure, we first want to identify exactly what a client is looking to achieve.
That means taking a deep-dive into their current data infrastructure, workflows, and development processes. Only after we have a solid understanding of a client’s needs do we begin working with them on potential solutions.
Our goal is to never sell a client on specific solutions, but rather, to offer expert recommendations and provide clarity. Every company is different, after all, as are every company’s specific data infrastructure needs.
To learn more about the process and benefits of modernizing your data infrastructure, download our eBook: Unlocking the Potential of Modern Datacenters: Five Good Reasons Companies Should Invest in Their Data Infrastructure.
Keep up with Redapt
- Business Transformation
- Cloud Native
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Modern Datacenter
- Advanced Analytics
- IoT and Edge
- Emerging Tech
- Systems Integration
- Google Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud Implementation
- Google Anthos
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Azure
- Application Development
- Application Modernization
- Managed Services