With many enterprises looking to change the way they use technology in response to increasing competition and expectations, accelerating the delivery of high-quality products is critical.
That’s where Red Hat OpenShift comes into play.
What sets OpenShift apart
Traditional, open-source Kubernetes requires you to assemble and integrate at least 10-15 additional pieces to your development platforms. This not only requires ongoing investment, it requires on-hand experience to get up and running.
OpenShift, in contrast, provides you with a complete and working platform right out of the box. With it, you get:
- Management tools like Prometheus and operational lifecycle management.
- Developer tools like CI/CD pipelines and an embedded container registry.
- Support from the world-class Red Hat engineering team.
What OpenShift can do for your enterprise
If the name of the game is acceleration, OpenShift excels at knocking down doors between your development team and deployments. Here are some things it can help you do:
- Remove dependencies that slow down the development process by efficiently adopting and managing Kubernetes.
- Prevent downtime by moving deployment to smaller and incremental releases.
- Reduce latency by defining rules to automatically scale resources during peak times.
What you should ask before choosing OpenShift
When it comes to the choice between adopting traditional open-source Kubernetes and going with OpenShift, ask yourself:
- Do you have the engineering skill sets to build your own platform? If not, OpenShift has everything you need right out of the box.
- Do you need help to support production issues? If so, Red Hat provides the technical support safety net when you need it.
- Will you be multi-cloud now or in the future? If so, OpenShift runs on all platforms. In addition, it provides your developers and ops teams with the same software stack and user experience across all providers.
Need help in adopting a cloud-native approach for your development? Download our free eBook, Build More Applications, Faster to learn how OpenShift can help you be more competitive.
Keep up with Redapt
- Business Transformation
- Cloud Native
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Advanced Analytics
- Modern Datacenter
- Systems Integration
- IoT and Edge
- Managed Services
- Cloud Engineering
- Emerging Tech
- Dell EMC
- Google Cloud Platform
- Hybrid Cloud Implementation
- Machine Learning
- Google Anthos
- Google Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Cloud Cost Assessment
- business continuity
- Application Modernization
- Business Resilience
- Rapid Data Platform Modernization
- Application Development
- Black Lives Matter
- Health Bot
- Power BI
- Virtual Desktop